This policy applies if you're a customer, supplier, distributor, retailer or employee of The Spice Tailor and it covers the use of any of our services; visiting our website, when we email, text or call you or when you call or write to us. This policy applies if you're a customer, supplier, distributor, retailer or employee of The Spice Tailor and it covers the use of any of our services; visiting our website, when we email, text or call you or when you call or write to us.
We'll never sell your personal information and will only share it with organisations we work with when we need to disclose it (see section ‘what do we use your personal information for’) and the privacy and security of your data is assured. Any information provided to or gathered from our site in controlled by The Spice Tailor.
What information may be collected about you?
You can give us your personal information a number of ways, by filling in forms on our website, registering for our newsletter, submitting a recipe, subscribing to take part in our Guiding Panel, entering a competition, promotion or survey or by corresponding with us (by social media platforms, phone, email or post).
If you are under 16 please do not provide us with any of your information unless you have the permission of your parent or guardian to do so.
The following types of personal information about you may be collected by us:
- When you register with us you may provide your personal details (name, email, address, age bracket, gender, telephone, and so on).
- When you connect with us, including by email, post and phone or through social media, the personal information you provide such as your name, contact details (telephone number, email and postal address) and nature of query/complaint.
- When we contact with you or you take part in promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires about our services, we may collect personal information you give us (product preferences, interests, buying behaviour and so on).
- When we send you digital communications we may collect information on your email provider, whether you open or forward our communications, including any links within them that you click on.
We may automatically collect the following information:
This site uses different types of cookie.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google 's behalf. Google undertakes not to associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
We use Facebook pixel cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
What do we use your personal information for?
The main uses of your personal information are:
- To provide services tailored to your requirements and to treat you in a more personal way.
- To carry out analysis and market research to help improve our product range and services.
- To carry out marketing and keep you informed of The Spice Tailors products and services.
- To send you samples of our products to gather feedback.
- To respond to enquiries and ensure you get the best possible customer care.
- To improve our websites and other communication channels.
- For management and administrative purposes.
We will only send you communications if you agree to receive them and we will never share your information with companies outside of The Spice Tailor for inclusion in their marketing (we may however share cookie data with third parties to help with our own advertising targeting).
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
Storage and retention of your personal information
We know how important it is to protect and manage your personal information. We take appropriate security measures to help protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The Spice Tailor’s affiliate companies operate in the UK and we store most of our data within the European Union (EU). The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA")including in India. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your request and the provision of support services. By submitting your information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing outside of Australia. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
Updating your data and marketing preferences
It is important you remain in control of your personal information. If, at any time, you want to update or amend your personal information or marketing preferences please contact us through:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: The Spice Tailor Limited, Horton House, Exchange Flags, Liverpool L2 3PF.
In addition, each marketing communication we send will also have an unsubscribe option which will allow you to stop receiving further marketing communications. We will action requests to stop receiving marketing communications from being sent within 5 business days. But it is possible you could receive some marketing in the period prior to that change being made.
Accessing, updating and withdrawing consent
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold for you and to correct any inaccuracies as well as to exercise your cancellation, rectification and objection rights. If you want to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you and/or if you want to port your data to another organisation, please provide the following information in writing:
- Your name
- Postal address and email
- Any details which may help us to identify you, for example: date when you registered/contacted us.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. Please write to us at:
- The Data Protection Officer
- The Spice Tailor Limited
- Horton House
- Exchange Flags
- L2 3PF
Where we can action requests to provide you with a copy of your personal information or when you have requested us to correct your personal information, we will do so free of charge.
What to do if you're not happy?
Firstly, please talk to us directly so we can resolve any problem or query you may have. You also have the right, to contact and/or lodge a complaint with the UK national data protection authority, please visit www.ico.org.uk.